Sunday, September 16, 2007

六本木ヒルズ

Before coming to コロンビア大学, I went to 六本木ヒルズin 東京 with my bestest friend Komaki. Fortunately, the town was having its annual summer festivals in the streets. Komaki and I first went to a ゆかた(浴衣)store and bought my own yukata. In my classy 浴衣, we went to the streets. We ate a lot, although I forget their names, and played games such as catching a turtle with a paper fan. Then, we joined the bon odori dance. As the taiko drummer played his drum to the music, the dance instructors demonstrated the moves. It was so much fun! Once I learn enough Japanese, I would really like to go back there!!

2 comments:

yukki said...

Wow, what an experience! If you have photos, I'd love to see them on this blog (^^)

I've never been to 六本木ヒルズ, although I've heard a lot about it. Is there any place like it here?

Unfortunate Futurist said...

that sounds like a lot of fun. i'm not sure what the festival was, but japanese festivals are always fun. you had to scoop turtles?! i tried scooping goldfish once and that was hard enough. next time you're in japan-you should go to the kishiwada danjiri festival. it's in september every year. すごいたんのし、けどちょっとあぶない。 きおすけて