Sunday, September 23, 2007

何時ですか?

皆さん,少し疲れた。It is almost 二時です。
during the last class, we learned A LOT, but it really helps me that i know 韓国語
for instance, 新聞 is 신문 (shin moon), 医者 is 의사 (eu sah), and for counting...
ichi ni san yon go roku shichi hachi kyu ju   hyaku sen man--> 日本語
il yi sam sa oh yuk chil pal gu ship bek chun man--> 韓国語
it is really interesting for me to see so many similar sounds between japanese and korean
and although we may be really different, the two langauges, having so much in common, may suggest otherwise??

2 comments:

jusdeananas said...

I know the feeling - half the time during Japanese class I'm thinking "this sounds like Chinese" or "that sounds like Chinese" ...

yukki said...

Many Korean speakers have advantage, as you suggested, because of similarities between Korean and Japanese. That makes me think---why does Korean look so difficult to me?